**Hamburg Borough has entered a shared service agreement with Hardyston Township for the Construction/Building Department. All questions should be directed to the Construction Official below **
- The Building Department is responsible for enforcement of the NJ Uniform Construction Code, which includes building, plumbing, energy, electrical, elevator and mechanical codes.
- Building permits and certificates of occupancy are issued through this department.
- Prior to beginning any construction work on your home property, please call for permit requirements.
- All inspections must be completed prior to a permit being closed.
- Sellers must make sure all construction permits on their properties have been closed.
To check the status of open permits contact the Hardyston Municipal Building at:
Hardyston Municipal Building
149 Wheatsworth Road
Hardyston, NJ 07419
Phone (973) 823-7020 ext. 9001
Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Residential Pool Requirements – Please read the following important information regarding the installation of residential swimming pools (including the temporary small sold at retailers throughout our area). We understand that as summer approaches and households are looking for ways to enjoy the summer and provide recreational opportunities during the current public health emergency and “stay at home” order they may be considering the installation of a pool; however please note that all state and local zoning and construction regulations still apply.
As a guideline for residential pools that require permits, please see the following:
- Zoning permits are required for seasonal as well as permanently installed pools.
- Any pool capable of holding 24″ of water requires a permit under the UCC (Uniform Construction Code)
- Any pool with less than 48″ high sidewalls require some other type of compliant barrier; fence, self-closing, latching gates and ladders etc.
- Electrical requirements for temporary and permanent pools must be strictly adhered to. Permit required
- The applicable codes are found at https://codes.iccsafe.org/content/document/1536, which include the International Swimming Pool Code and International Residential Code.
For any further information or guidance please call Hardyston Construction Dept. (973) 823-7020 x9001