EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. In an emergency, dial 9-1-1 immediately.
If you would like to become a member of the Hamburg Fire Department:
Call - (973) 827-5577 or
Fire Pavilion and Hall Rentals
Please call – (973) 827 – 5577 and leave a detailed message
Richard Padgett Jr.
- 1909, December 23 - Hamburg Fire Department established.
- 1910 - First chief of the department was Frank Smith along with 17 charter members.
- 1911, April 6 - Firemen’s Relief Association was formed to support and aid firemen.
- 1915, April 11- Department was incorporated.
- 1917 - Equipment was changed from outdated rubber buckets to a portable four man hand pump.
- 1919 - Hamburg Fire Department formed the Sussex County Firemen’s Association
- 1927 - Fire hydrants and water systems were installed.
- 1990’s - the fire department merged with the EMS division.
- The above historical information is courtesy of Dr. Marion Wood from her book “All About Hamburg”.
2020 – Firematic
- Chief – Richard Padgett, Jr.
- Assistant Chief – Gary Kays
- 1st Lieutenant – Charles Kazella
- 2nd Lieutenant – Michael Palmer
- Drillmaster – James McCurry
- Assistant Drillmaster – Richard Titsworth
2020 – Civil Officers
- President – Michael Schneider
- Vice President – Gerald Youkon
- Secretary – Charles McMickle
- Assistant Secretary – Amy Jo Sheridan
- Treasurer – Sidney Crum, Jr.
- Assistant Treasurer – Keith Sukennikoff
- Chaplain – Robert Russell
- Assistant Chaplain – Ron Garrett
For information on safety recalls: