Water and Sewer are billed quarterly :
- First Quarter - December, January and February are billed in March
- Second Quarter - March, April and May are billed in June
- Third Quarter - June, July and August are billed in September
- Fourth Quarter - September, October and November are billed in December
The original bill is due twenty (20) days from the billing date. There is a ten (10) day grace period from the due date giving a total of thirty (30) days for payment of this bill. Payments must be made on or before the due date to avoid interest charges. Payments received after the (ten day) grace period are subject to interest regardless of postmark.
- Make checks payable to Borough of Hamburg
- We accept cash, check, money order and credit/debit card payments. Payments via card must be made using our online system. (In the Quick Links on the right hand side of this page.)
- A fee of $25.00 will be charged for all returned checks.
- Mailing Address:
Borough of Hamburg -Water/Sewer Dept.
16 Wallkill Avenue
Hamburg, NJ 07419
- For after hour payments, there is a 24 hour mail slot at the entrance door of the Municipal Building.
- Any open Water/Sewer charges after the due date are subject to be turned off.
Discontinuance of Service for Unpaid Bills
After the thirty (30) days, a disconnect notice will be sent out. Payment must be received within ten (10) days of the notice in the form of cash, certified check or money order. No personal checks will be accepted regardless of the postmark date. All checks received will be returned by mail. After the tenth (10th) day, water service will be disconnected. If water is turned off, there will be a one hundred dollar ($100) service charge plus full payment of delinquent bill in cash, certified check or money order. No personal checks will be accepted.
Regina Flammer, Water/Sewer Collector
973-827-9230 ext 4011
- Water/Sewer Payment Information System.
Search by Address or Block/Lot
- Pay your Water Bill using our online payment service. E-Checks and the following Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Discover, American Express or Visa. A per transaction service fee will be charged by the payment processing company for this service.
- Current Water Rates
- Hamburg B.P.W Water Quality Report
- Municipal Stormwater Management Plan
- Selling Your Home