NOTICE – Residents will no longer be notified of unpaid water/sewer bills via door hangers.
Water and Sewer are billed quarterly :
- First Quarter – December, January and February are billed in March
- Second Quarter – March, April and May are billed in June
- Third Quarter – June, July and August are billed in September
- Fourth Quarter – September, October and November are billed in December
There is a 10 day grace are subject to interest. Payments must be made on or before the due date to avoid interest charges. Postmark checks are not accepted; payment must be in our office by the end of the grace period.
- Make checks payable to Borough of Hamburg
- We accept cash, personal checks, or money orders only. Credit cards are not accepted.
- A fee of $25.00 will be charged for all returned checks.
- Mailing Address:
Borough of Hamburg -Water/Sewer Dept.
16 Wallkill Avenue
Hamburg, NJ 07419
- For after hour payments, there is a 24 hour mail slot at the entrance door of the Municipal Building.
- Any open Water/Sewer charges after the due date are subject to be turned off.
As of June 2013 water bill, the water rate increase are as follows:
Rates for Metered Water
- Minimum charge per quarter (up to 5,000 gallons) – $33.00
- 5,001 to 50,000 gallons per quarter – $33.00 plus $3.04 per 1,000 gallons over 5,000 gallons.
- 50,001 to 100,000 gallons per quarter – $170.00 plus $2.64 per 1,000 gallons over 50,000 gallons.
- 100,001 to 1,000,000 gallons per quarter – $301.97 plus $2.03 per 1,000 gallons over 100,000 gallons.
- Over 1,000,001 gallons – $2,125.23 plus $1.62 per 1,000 gallons over 1,000,000 gallons.
- Sewer Charge per Quarter – $179.43
- Non Sufficient Check Charge – $25.00
- Service Charge – $50.00
- Swimming Pool Fill (Flat Rate) – $100.00
- Hamburg B.P.W Water Quality Report
- Municipal Stormwater Management Plan
- Tax and Water Payment Information
- Tax Appeals
Discontinuance of Service for Unpaid Bills
On January 1, 2002, the Borough of Hamburg Board of Public Works adopted the following procedure for water/sewer billing:
The original bill sent out is due twenty (20) days from the billing date. There is a ten (10) day grace period from the due date to give a total of thirty (30) days for payment of this bill.
After the thirty (30) days, a disconnect notice will be sent out. Payment must be received within ten (10) days of the notice in the form of cash, certified check or money order. No personal checks will be accepted regardless of the postmark date. All checks received will be returned by mail.
After the tenth (10th) day, water service will be disconnected. If water is turned off, there will be a one hundred dollar ($100) service charge plus full payment of delinquent bill in cash, certified check or money order. No personal checks will be accepted.
If You are Selling Your Home:
Please contact the Water/Sewer Department at 973-827-9230 ext. 4011, two weeks prior to closing to arrange an appointment for a final water reading.
973-827-9230 ext 4011